SOFT TOP NOT CLOSING PROPERLY

1996 Mercedes Benz SL320

Interior problem
1996 Mercedes Benz SL320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 139000 miles

The soft down folds down perfectly. When bringing the top to up position it stops when it hits the top of windsheild. If I push the back top cover down. Like I am closing it. Just a nudge and then hit he button, the top continues its cycle and closes and locks. However, the light on the buton stays ON and the alarm sounds *that the tops not locked, but its locked firmly.

Now this all started after I changed the front soft top lock down cylinder (it was leaking) so I checked the pump. I figured air in line or fluid low. Check the pump under the share tire. Fluid low in tank added Mercedes oil to max line and cycled the unit 10 times and still the same thing happens.

Top Stops at the windshield and moving the rear cover down a bit the cycle continues. Any ideas what to try next. Did not bleed the lines. How?
Bszarowicz

This is a bit graphic, and detailed so I will email a PDF file you can use to fix it. Let me know how it goes.

Merlin2021