MODELS BRAKES

2004 Mercedes Benz Other

Brakes problem
2004 Other Mercedes Benz Models V8 Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 45,000 miles

I purchases a 2004 Mercedes CLK500 from a Mercedes dealership in April with 29,775 miles. The car was " certified pre-owned" having gone through whatever reconditioning specified it as such. I am now being told I need new brake pads and rotors at 45,000 miles - Is this possible or am I being scammed?
Padretv

This is not a scam. MB brake pads are soft which allows them to stop more quickly and eliminates most brake squeeks. The trade off is that most MB owners with late model vehicles will tell you 15-20K miles is what you will get out of there brake pads. Also during the Certified Pre owned process brake rotors are measured for thickness but if they are above spec they usually will leave them. So you may have a set of rotors that just made it through Preowned inspection.

Gfimotorcars