MODELS ENGINE DIES WHILE DRIVING:

1985 Mercedes Benz Other

1985 Other Mercedes Benz Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

I have a 1985 Mercedes 380SE and when it is running
it runs very strong, but for some reason it will just turn off, (it just quits as though I have just turned the ignition key to off) and it does this while I'm driving or while I'm stopped. It seems to die more often when it is cold but not always. I drive five minutes to my office and it will die without warnig 1-4 times. If I turn everything off for a few minutes it starts right up. There are times I get to the office without it dying. I have put in a new fuel pump, fuel filter, complete tune up, new coil and distributor, fuel regulator checks out fine. I don't know if this could have anything to do with the problem, but the
auto repair dealer lost my keys and had to put in another, (used is my guess) ignition and it seems the problem began after that happened. The car starting dying, but after long distances, and then gradually the distance I could drive the car without it dying became shorter and shorter. Could Really Use Some Help!
Ffpjog