DOOR LOCK NOISE

1999 Mercedes Benz ML430

Noises problem
1999 Mercedes Benz ML430 V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 142000 miles

MY DOORS ON MY ML430 LOCK AND UNLOCK WHILE DRIVING AND THE NOISE IS NERVE WRECKING, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I SOLVE IT? HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST TO REPAIR? AND MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

I AM NOT FOR SURE ON THE WHEEL DRIVE TYPE?
Henredon

Hello -

This may be a little difficult to troubleshoot without being able to look at it but we will try.

First. Stand outside the vehicle with it off. Lock the doors with the remote then wait. Do all the doors unlock and lock on their own on just one. If so which one.

Next, please go to Auto Zone (AZ) or O'Reilly's (OR) and for FREE they can pull the codes to the car. Most important: Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don't get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. While there for FREE also they can bring their tester out and check your battery and alternator.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS