TRANSMISSION SHAKE A LITTLE WHEN I

1998 Mercedes Benz E300d

1998 Mercedes Benz E300d 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

Hello All,

Great site! Greetings from Bulgaria! : -)

I own a 1998 Mercedes Benz 290 turbo diesel 5 cyl with automatic transmission.

When I put the stick in " D" I feel a little kick (shake). I felt it because when I put the stick in " R" there is absolutely no kick. The issue is more evident when the car is standing downwards on a slight slope and also when the oil is warm (I've been driving for 20 minutes or more). The same thing happens when I am driving and the transmission shifts from first to second gear, but there is no diffrence whether the oil is warm or cold. There are no leaks, so far I see.

What could be causing this issue?

Also I can't check the fluid level, because OEM there is no transmission oil stick for my car (the official dealer doesn't sell it); I have to go to the official dealer or 2 other places in Sofia every time I want to check my fluid level. Where could I buy a stick to check my transmission fluid level? Does anybody know what it looks like?

Best regards

Evstati Sharankov
Evstati