AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

1997 Mercedes Benz E220

1997 Mercedes Benz E220 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

I Have 1997 230e auto. I had to transmission replaced with a reman one a year ago. I drone 160km, stop the vehicle for 5 min and then restarted and continued on my way. About 1km down the road the transmission jerked and the car wouldnt move foward whilst in drive. It seemed like the car was in neutral. The car then moved very slowly, seemed like the clutch was stick as would be in a manual transmission. The transmission started making a whinning sound and wouldnt move at all in drive or reverse. The are no signs of ttransmission fluid leaks. I also cannot check the level as the vehicle does not have a dip stick. I filled in a litre of fluid anyway and the vehicle would still not move. Please help
Shaun.munsami