MERCEDES BENZ E220 ENGINE PROBLEM

1996 Mercedes Benz E220

1996 Mercedes Benz E220 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 182000 miles

Dear sir;
I am driving a 1996 model W210 Mercedes Benz E230, since you do not have that option in the model range I choose E220 while I was filling the fields at the top.
My problem with my car is happening ones in a while, but it is disturbing. It usually happens when driving for long hours, during my commute in the city nothing happens and everything is normal. After driving on the freeway for an hour or sometimes more, the engine starts to shake and make some noises, this doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, the car does not respond to the throttle, even though I try to accelerate the RPM goes up so slowly, like it refuses to rev up. When I pull over and lift the hood, I can hear the noises and see the shake and wobble of the engine. The engine sounds like it is stalling, but keeps running with the noises and shakes. After turning off the engine and waiting for 15 min. Everything becomes normal again.
Thank you for your interest.
Best regards.
ZESCO