ALARM

2000 Mercedes Benz C280

2000 Mercedes Benz C280 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 103, 00 miles

Although I have new batteries in my remote and I tested my spare remote finding it does the same thing what is causing my alarm system to not have any range. I have to be standing directly in front of the drivers door within a few feet for the car to lock and the alarm set or unlock and the alarm to turn off. What is the problem?
Michaelba

Sometimes window tint can affect the reception of the transmitter. Did it do this all of the sudden or has it been like this for a while?

Jack42
You asked about window tinting. I cannot imagine how that would matter with a Mercedes but your the experts. No it did not happen suddenly and the windows have been tinted since 2002. The range got consistently shorter over a period of time as if it was a weaking battery issue, till now it only works directly in front of the drivers door handle where the sensor is located.

Michaelba
If the batteries are new, then it is a receiver problem. Sometimes they are located in the rear view mirror so they pick up from many angles.

Jack42