STICKING SHIFT LEVER

2000 Mercedes Benz C230

2000 Mercedes Benz C230 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

I shifted my shift lever to drive yesterday but when I went to shift back up to reverse the lever wouldn't go past neutral. It moved back and forth between drive and neutral but I couldn't get it back into park. I also couldn, t remove the key. Luckily it was parked in my drivewaqy. The next morning I started it in neutral and then moved the lever back to park with no problem. Today the lever wouldn't come out of park after I started it up. I turned off the key and restarted and I was able to move the shifter down to drive. I drove the car home but am afraid to get stuck somewhwere and not be able to get it in gear; It, s an automatic. The car shifts fine while driving. The problem seems like the linkage. Any suggestions?
Soxon