FAULTY KEY FOB

1999 Mercedes Benz C200

1999 Mercedes Benz C200 Two Wheel Drive Manual 129000 miles

My key fob doesn't seem to work. It won't lock/unlock doors nor will it turn in the ignition. I've changed the batteries but still no luck. When a button on the key fob is pressed, a red light does flash but nothing else.
What is the cheapest and easiest solution to my problem without having to buy a new fob?
Usman2009

Unfortunatley this is not likely a problem with your key but rather the EIS (electronic ignition system). This is litteraly the ignition switch you put the key in. This is also the electronic gate that allows any and all components to work in the vehicle including central locking. The component stores a code that rolls with the key. When these codes don't match or the EIS fails the vehicle is rendered completely disabled. You are going to have to bring the vehicle to a MB dealer to get this repaired as replacement requires coding and mating of the EIS to the vehicle and key.

Gfimotorcars