2000 Mercedes Benz 320e

2000 Mercedes Benz 320e 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 74000 miles

I am having a problem which started a week ago while I was pumping gas. I left the car on for the 1st time and when I was done pumping gas I shut the car off and tried to restart it and it sounded like it was going to start and wouldn't. I sat for about 30 mins and the car started up and drove about 10 miles and when I came to a stop it shut off. After letting it sit I drove it home and it shut off as soon as I got to my driveway. I let it sit for about 30-40 mins and it started right up.The next day I drove it for a couple of errands and the car started and ran fine all day on about 1/4 tank. It shut off when I came to a stop and wouldn't start for about 1hr. I let it sit for a few days and went and put a little over 1/2 a tank of 93 and it ran beautiful all the way home. when I got home I turned it off but when I tried to start it right back up it wouldn't start again. I let it sit 20 mins and it started fine. This morning I drove it and it gave me no problems and it started even after I drove it but I am nervous to drive it too much stop and go. Any help would be great