MERCEDES 300E DRIVERS SEAT RE

1987 Mercedes Benz 300sd

Interior problem
1987 Mercedes Benz 300sd 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 137000 miles

When I purchased my 1987 Mercedes 300E the Drivers seat back was slightly more reclined than I would normally have chosen, but the seat back would not move and tipping the seat forward made it comfortable to drive. The other day I was adjusting the bottom of the seat and the seat back started moving into a reclining position. As I tried to move the bottom the seat back kept reclining more and more until it was nearly lying flat. I would like to fix the seat back so that the control moves it properly, if not, I would like to manually adjust the seat back into a comfortable upright position then disable the motor for the seat back so that it can't recline again. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Dmgunther