PREVENTATIVE ADVICE

1993 Mercedes Benz 300e

1993 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 159880 miles

Newly purchased this car 2weeks ago. Day 3 no transmission fluid the dip stick was bone dry. I noticed bc when I go from P to R and give it gas to back out of a parking spot it would hestiate and not respond as if I was in N. So I added 2qts of CoastolATF immediately. Then the next day 1qt with Lucas leak stop bc I noticed some red oily fluid on the ground. Today the coolant light came on and the antifreeze tank is visibly half full. I plan to go to look for any small foriegn car mechanic at 160k and just ask for whatever is routine. I was given the car by a very anal relative that Im sure took it for oil change/checks like clockwork and the windshield sticker show oil change due 161,500k I also have a dealership book with MB stamped maintence comlpeted up until 2005/117k. What should a honest/knowledgable mechanic do and check for a first time customer that gives this history? What are some warnings signs or Red flags that I need to keep looking another mechanic? My concern is that in the wrong hands my well maintenanced car could become a $pit.
Tawanna