ALTERNATOR

1992 Mercedes Benz 300e

1992 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Are special tools required to replace the alternator and serpentine belt?
Sonnybo

Hi
No special tools loosen tensioning device adjusting nut until minor slack is felt in belt. Remove lower alt. bolt swivel alt to remove belt then complete removal of alt.
Hope this helps
Thanks for donate

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_160.jpg

Docfixit
Do you have a diagram that shows where all the alternator bolts are? Also, the alternator is squeezed in very tight. Will replacing the alternator require removing the radiator fan or radiator? What is the best way to get at the alternator with no overhead lift available? Just jack up the front of the car?

Thanks for your help! : )

Sonnybo
Sorry best pic I could get MB does not share much info with after market. Jack up put on jack stands. Remove any under carriage paneling. There are two bolts on alt at bottom and top. Alt should come out but it would be easier if fan and shroud where off. I think alt will come out from under if it clears frame and sway bar.

Docfixit
Thanks for your help!

Sonnybo