IDLE SHUTTERING

1991 Mercedes Benz 300e

1991 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 128, 00 miles

I have had problems with my 300E 2.6L idling incorrectly. When in gear with my foot on the brake and coasting below 1000 rpm the engine will shutter and sometimes stall. This problem is greater when in reverse but happens while in drive. When in neutral and park it may randomly skip as if it is misfiring but not to the degree when it is in gear. I have had it looked at by the same, and only, local import mechanic who has replaced the distributor, wiring and plugs and performed a fuel injection treatment. After the fuel injections treatment it seemed to have been corrected but started again a few days after the work was done. I checked the OVP fuse and it is good but dont know how the overall OVP unit is performing. Hope this is enought to help! Thanks!
Bardesa