1988 Mercedes Benz 300e

1988 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My MB, which has been very reliable, has had the Engine check light come on, and will stay on after I turn the engine off, which has drained the battery. I only use the car on the weekends, as I am in my rig during the week. A Mechanic determined the light is coming on because of Code 7, which he will not tell me is because of(?), I'm sure he wants a large ransom(?) Not. I have figured it is a Rich/lean problem, which may be as simple as a Tune-up, to the Injectors (Ouch!), both of which are a DIY My MB has over 230,000 miles, so I would figure any major repair would be pointless at this stage. Though I do want to say, that this is the first trouble I have had with my Baby. I would like to keep her! Can someone tell me how I can turn off the light so it will not come on after turning off the Engine? Thanks!

Hi tpasenelli, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

This is gonna be a tough one over the net

Impulse Display code 7 unplug the fuel pump relay and see what happen the light continues to come unplug ignition control module and all oxygen sensors-Let me know

Code 7