IGNITION IS LOCKED

1987 Mercedes Benz 300e

Interior problem
1987 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I got it broke down but the ignition is locked and I can't get the key ot turn. I tried to use a self made release wire but the key needs to be at 1: 00 and 7: 00 but it won't turn, how do I get the lock cylinder out so I can change it?
I already donate for a question on now to change ignition but I don't get a anwser to this patr
Gilbertthms

A standard piece of wire may not be strong enough to do it, I took the last lock cylinder to my friend that does M/B and he used a custom tool he made that will release it, not that that will help you much. There is a lever inside the housing that has to be depressed for the lock cylinder to turn so that it can be released. If the housing is out of the car, find a M/B shop in your area and see if you can talk one of the techs into swapping the lock tumbler for you for a couple bucks, most will do it since the assembly is already out of the vehicle

Jack42