FUEL

1986 Mercedes Benz 300e

1986 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I HAVE PUT I NEW FUEL INJECTOR IN MY AR, SO ITS HITTING ON ALL SIX CYLINDERS, MY PROBLEM IS, THAT ITS FLOODS OUT WHEN IT STARTS, TAKES A LONG TIME FOR IT TO START, I NEVER TOUCH THE GAS PEDAL, IS THERE AN ADJUSTMENT? OR DOES IT NEED ANOTHER PART REPLACED
EARL YOUNG

Did you say you changed 1 fuel injector, or was that a typo. You have to change all 6 at one time (unless only one was not working properly). Anyway, it seems that the fule/air ration is mixed up now (the amount of fuel coming to the engine is changed with the new properly working injectors). There is a little hole on top of the air-filter cover (the big black cover), it leads a screwdriver to a little screw that's used to adjust the air/fuel ratio. You can play with it right or left (move it extremely slowly to the right or the left) to adjust the ratio. It's best done by a machine that properly reads the ratio and accordingly the technician will adjust it moving the screw clockwise or counter-clockwise to reach the right ratio. I hope this will help, good luck.

Merc-owner