INTERMINTENT TACH

1992 Mercedes Benz 300dt

1992 Mercedes Benz 300dt Two Wheel Drive Automatic 191000 miles

my car does not idle correctly when the tach does not work. I removed the instrument cluster and saw no problems. What send the info to the tach. All fuses are good. The tach will work sometimes for short periods
Csisar

There is a tack sensor located in the bell housing or the crank and may have metal particles stuck to it that are causing the malfunction. Remove it and clean it.

Due to the high volume of no responses to posted questions, if you have not resolved your issue and you need further assistance, please respond.

Dr Loot
I will get to it this weekend. I am not sure where the sensor is or what it looks like. Is it on the top, bottom, left, right side? It would be very helpfull if you could give some clues. I do however thankyou for responding to my question.
Thank Csisar

Csisar
I f this site is realy free then you would give alot more info. I have waited for weeks to get some help. Have not got any. So what is the point of this site. Where does the so called donations go. BS

Csisar
I am quoting this right out of the manual " TACHOMETER TEST Information is not available from manufacturer.&Quot; now what the hell do you want me to tell you? This is now the second time that I had to look up the same information! What do you think they paid me to help you? Especially when you do not donate to the site? Ya, the site pays me $0.25 cents for every response, how much information are you trying to get out of me and my time for $0.25 cents? Would you like me to fly out to your town, take a taxi to your house, and show you exactly where the tach sensor is? I own many Mercedes diesels, but they are older than yours and the tack sensors are located on the Crank, but due to the fact that yours is a newer Mercedes and " there is no information available" I came to the logical conclusion that it also may be located in the bell housing, that's why I told you jack a$$ " there is a tack sensor located in the bell housing or the crank and may have metal particles stuck to it that are causing the malfunction. Remove it and clean it.&Quot; but it is obvious to me that you don't want to look? You are lucky that I even responded to your post, I did it because I felt sorry for you and wanted to try to help you, and now I see I was mistaken. Is that how you say thanks? For someone who tries to help you for free? You think about it and I'll be waiting for a response to every one of my questions, because I want to see now how you respond to my problems.

Dr Loot
I might suggest that you do not try making a living doing this. I don' think that.25 cents will get your taxi to far. I would also suggest that you spend your money on anger mgmt classes. The lack of response time and attitude that you display makes me think that your information is not worth anything.
The best thing that I can say about this whole experience with this web site, is well, should not be printed. As far as your other questions and my response to them. LOL you have not earned them.

Csisar
It would have been better that you would have not responded at all, your response only demonstrates that you are a person that knows absolutely less than nothing! About anything! Your response only demonstrates that you would have been a perfect candidate in the times of Jesus to pick up the first stone and put Him to death, after of course, telling Him he needs " anger mgmt classes" for telling the Pharisees, that you, Right where to go, and that His work " makes me (you) think that your (His) information is not worth anything.&Quot; nice job! That's all you're good at. And you're really not even good at that!

Dr Loot
Are you in prison or something? If not maybe you should be. What a DICK! You are.

Csisar
I do have a big one of those, too bad you don't. The only good thing I see out of this is that I'm making.25 cents every time I have to answer your stupidity, now you're getting more responses than you ever had, so that can not be your complaint anymore? What is it now? Do I need to turn into Dr. House? To resolve your proctolgy problems?

Dr Loot
Now that you are listening maybe you can give some real help

Csisar
I explained it to you once, but I will explaining to you again, there are not too many sensors on a Diesel, so look at the bell housing and if you see any kind of wirer plugged into the bell housing that is probably the tack sensor, it is probably held on by a alien screw #6mm remove it and tell me if there is metal stuck to it. You will need to jack it up to get underneath it, be very careful that you do not get hurt, let me know what you find.

Dr Loot
Page 1 of 2