IDLE AIR CONTROL

2004 Mazda RX8

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Mazda RX8 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

hello I am asking regarding about my 2004 mazda rx8, it has been unmoved for the past months because taking it to the dealership is way to expensive so, im fixing it my self, one day as I was driving to school my car just down in the middle of the road. As I pulled over my car did not start, so I immediately check the cat converter and I unscrewed it letting a gap on. And it did start but it wouldnt stay on. So I thought that the problem would be electrical so I checked my car and found that the one electric part was burnt( I dont remember the name). It turned on but it would shake the car would struggle by accelerating by itself and eventually turned off. So I checked the cat and it was burnt so I replaced it. It turned on but it keeps on shutting off. I think it might be the IAC motor but im not too sure. What might be the problem?
Luna9812

Hi luna9812,

Thank you for the donation.

There are many possible causes for the problem and I have emailed you the possible causes and diagnostic procedures.

If the catalytic converter was damaged, the likely cause would be misfiring and you should concentrate on that area first.

It could be a bad spark plug ot wires.