3 CRUISE CONTROL

Mazda Other

Hi, I have a new 2006 Mazda 3 GX. It is a 5 spd 2.0l, and it didn't come with factory cruise. I am aware this car has an electronic throttle, and I wonder if adding cruise control is as simple as getting the factory steering wheel buttons, and pluggling them into existing wiring. Seeing as the car has an electronic throttle, it shouldn't require a cruise actuator normally found in traditional throttle setups. I would also assume that it is cheaper for mazda to supply all cars with an ECU programmed for cruise control, than to have seperate programs for different trim levels. Any insight on the topic would be appreciated.
Mtoonsdale

It will impossible at this time. Thee are companies out there that are working on the problem to develop an after market cruise for " fly by wire" systems. You are also dealing with a warranty isssue when tapping into computer control circuits. Good luck

Losone
To answer your question on the Mazda 3. Yes it can be done, but NO ONE at a Mazda Dealer should be doing it to your car. Here is the reason why. IF ( and this is a BIG if) there is ever a recall on the cruise control systems on Mazda 3's. You will NOT be notified via mail from Mazda, because as far as ther records are concerned. You don't have cruise.

Cosmo. Mazda TEch

p.S. The power group package for the Mazda 3 was what.$15-20 more? A month

Cosmo