HOW TO DISCONNECT CAR BATTERY WITHOUT CAUSING ALARM TO START

Mazda Other

Hi,

my inlaws bought a Mazda3 2005 model recently. They have gone on holidays, and wanted to disconnect the car battery. When disconnecting the battery, the alarm would start.

I tried to do this with the key in the ignition, out of the ignotion etc, but no luck.

Does anyone know what procedure to follow in order to disconnect the car battery safely?

Andrew
Washeretohelp

Try leaving the battery disconnected for a while to if it quits, never heard of it. Most cars when you disconnect the battery the car is dead. ?

2CarPros Ken
For how long would you suggest. I left it running for about 60 secs, and it felt like a long time. I called mazda but they werent very helpful. After a hard time in not giving me any information, because of a " security risk" they said that it has a key near alarm, but mum and dad claim to never have received an alarm key, and I cant see any alarm key. I got the feeling that the guy I spoke to didnt really know himself. : Evil:

Washeretohelp