CAR LOOKS GOOD, RUNS LIKE...

Mazda Other

I have a 2001 Mazda Tribute with 94,000 mile on it. I've had some check engine light problems, and when I had it serviced, it showed that I had some bad oxygen sensors. When replaced it ran ok for awhile then engine light again. I was told to replace egr sensor. Did that and it blew a hole in the egr valve. The car won't idle right, in the morning I have a hard time keeping it running, : arrow: it won't take hill, small or large and it shuts off when I stop. I since replace the egr valve twice and twice it blew a hole in it. Now I'm smelling fumes in the car and the car now makes a whistling sound sometimes when I accelerate. Please Help, I'm running out of money. P.S. You have my word that I will send you a donation in the near future.
Drew

Did they check the catalytic converter, backpressure over 3lbs is an indication of a restriction with the exhaust system.

A leaking EGR while at idle or at a stops will act like a major vacuum leak and also prevent starting.

Another big probelm with those engines was the IAC motor (silver tube on top of the tintake near the throttle body) would stick open causing alot fo running problems

Cosmo