626 ENGINE

2000 Mazda Other

I have a 2000 Mazda 626 LX (4 cyl). It has ~68000 miles on it. Earlier this year, before the day light saving began, and the weather was cooler, if I turned on the head light in the morning, and braked to stop, the car would shake shake. In the evening, the symptom was milder. A friend of mine thought my alternator was malfunctional. So I went to Autozone to have them test it. It turned out both the battery and the alternator were all right.

Now, in the summer, I don't drive with head light on that much; but the air condition takes the place of the head light, and the symptom is more severe. When the air condition is on, and I brake to a stop, the car will shake. If I don't turn off the air condition quickly, the engine will stall. The air condition works fine other wise (when I don't have to brake to stop, eg on free way).

I believe these two things are related, but don't know where lies the fault. Please help. Thanks a lot
Loduffy