MODELS THROTTLE RESPONSE

1993 Mazda Other

1993 Other Mazda Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 240000 miles

1993 Mazda B2600, No trouble code light, Alternator died by going overvoltage, it has been replaced, problem is it killed something else. Now the truck dies when started, runs but only in the narrowest of throttle positions. When the throttle is opened normally it falls on its nose and nearly dies, when it is in the band, it runs fine, you look like your a 90 yr old woman driving so slow in accelerating but keep the throttle in the spot and the truck pulls to red line however slow, then shift and repeat. 70 is possible only this way and you have no power to pull a hill unless you downshift for RPM's, whack the throttle and the truck goes to sleep. I suspect either the ECM or MAF, but have at the ready, a TPS, Fuel pump/regulatr, coil, ign. Mod. And more. Any thoughts on where to start given the lack of a check engine light? How can I pull the codes? I have the OBD I/II scanner from advance, the expensive not cheap one but do not know where this truck has a plug if any?
Ducati916rdr

OK do you have digital multi meter? Is the check engine light on now? Get back to me and we go from there.

Racefan966