B2200

1990 Mazda Other

I Have a 1990 Mazda B2200 pickup w/ manual transmission. The mileage is 128,131.

Rusted, but good old workhorse pickup. Has been running well until recently clutch pedal started sticking to floor/not releasing, so I attached an elastic cord from clutch pedal arm to lower dashboard to assist pulling it up. But when coming to a stop, the transmission locks up. To release, I must either turn motor off and try re-shifting. Or leave motor idling, and slowly let clutch pedal out, disengage and then re-shift. The pickup does not idle for more than a couple minutes before the transmission seizes up and motor dies. My pickup runs properly while in motion (average 15 to 35 mph around town), shifting through the gears. There are no obvious leaks or unusual noises. The clutch fluid level is o.K. I am hoping this is not a serious/expensive repair.

Thanks for any advice,

Solo
Solo