ERRATIC SPARK CONDITION

1995 Mazda MX6

1995 Mazda MX6 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 204000 miles

Hello Im currently working of a 95 Mazda Mx-6. Its currently in no-start status. I have checked and performed many test. I found that the car has spark, but its erratic. Meaning I will test for spark on cylinder 1, and it will have a clean efficient spark. Then I will check on cylinder 2 and it won't have spark, and so on.

I have replaced the distributor and the situation still exists. I have replaced the dist. Cap and rotor to no avail. Also I physically checked the movement of the ignition rotor while cranking the engine over to insure the camshaft is turning properly. Im just baffeled at this point. Im fairly decent as diagnosis, but not sure where to go with this, because the spark reliabilty seems to constantly change, which makes it fairly frustrating.

Please share some ideas of where to go with this.

Thank You!
Tredragon24

Check the resistances of the crankshaft position sensor

The crank sensor is in the distributor which I already replaced right? What are the desired ohms.

Tredragon24
Guess I misread your suggestion. Today I replaced the cranksensor. Yesterday I replaced the distributor

Tredragon24
The CPS for 2.5L is near the crankshaft pulley

Yes I replaced the crankshaft position sensor yesterday.

Tredragon24
What type of ignition system do you have?