DURING WARM-UP HAS A MISS

1990 Mazda MX6

1990 Mazda MX6 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 305000 miles

Dear Car Pros,

I own a meticulously maintained 1990 Mazda MX6 5 speed, that has started exhibiting a peculiar little quirk. Whenever the engine starts to warm up (according to the temp gauge), the check engine light comes on, then the car develops a miss that is more apparent at low RPMs (i.E. When taking off from a stop, or puttering about town). Once it warms up, it runs flawlessly and the check engine light goes away.

It has a recent tune-up (NGK Wires, plugs, Blue Streak cap and rotor and WIX air filter).
A local garage with an older scanner, was able to tell me that the DTCs were for the Mass Air Flow and the Coolant Temperature Sensor. Since I work in a parts store, I was able to obtain a new MAF sensor reasonably cheap, as well as a CT sensor. Other than a slightly smoother idle, the annoying problem remains.
Pete P