CAR WILL NOT START WITHOUT STARTING FLUID

1989 Mazda MX6

1989 Mazda MX6 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 212000 miles

My car will not start at completely random times. It doesn't matter if its hot out or cold, or if its been sitting all night or for 30 minutes. The car will try to turn over, but will not start unless I spray starter fluid into it. Again, this is completely random on when it decides to give me trouble. I have not found a pattern yet.

The parts I have replaced on it so far trying to fix this issue are a new fuel filter, new air filter, and new spark plugs and wires.

The fuel pump was replaced on it about 4 years ago. Other recent work that has been done on it due to other problems are a new timing belt, a new water pump, and 2 new starters (First one was bad on delivery).

What else could I be looking at that could be the problem? Is it likely that the fuel pump has gone bad again after only 4 years? I do not have a way of testing the fuel pressure unfortunately.

Thanks for any and all help!
Arjones85