CAR WILL NOT START

1993 Mazda MX3

1993 Mazda MX3 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

I recently drove my car through a puddle. It stalled out once I got out of the puddle. I wqaited for a while and it started. It was running fine for a few days and then one evening I went to start it and it would not start. It turns over, but it run. I disconnected and reconnected the positive battery cable, and it ran for a short while, but then did not start again. What are the possible causes for this, and how can I repair them?
Mmchaney

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors-