MAZDA MX3 IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE PROBLEM

1993 Mazda MX3

1993 Mazda MX3 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 102,00 miles

Can a bad idle air control valve, cause ruff idling, and hard to start?
I have a mazda MX3 and when i bought it, the guy told me it had an bad idle air control valve so i changed it and put one on from the junk yard and it still doesn't work, they both have scratches where the computer connects maybe that's a problem im not sure. But what other things can cause my car to do this, Can it be a bad air flow sensor as well? Because i really have to push the pedal to the floor and turn the key for about 8 seconds or more for it to start and when i put it in drive if im not giving it gas it will die or stall out when coming to a stop sign/ light. Also when i turn the air on it will die, even if its on park, and turning the steering wheel also causes the RPMs to lower when im giving it gas. Please help me out im getting frustrated, But whats the chances of having 2 bad Idle air control valves, Should i just buy another one?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/562473_IMG_2518_1.jpg

JuanFG3

Hi there,

Idle control problems can stem form the idle control motor, vacuum leaks, TPI sensor, Air Flow sensor, check all these out.

Mhpautos
Can the scratch on the idle air control valve have anything to do with it, on the computer part? Is there any way to check the air flow sensor?

JuanFG3
I doubt that a scratch will affect it, normally they work or they don't work, never use second hand components as they have been sitting around for a while and can stat to rust and seize up, you will have to check the air flow meter with a multi meter, there are a few readings that will have to be taken and compared with standard specs.

Mhpautos
Okay, do you think changing the idle air control valve again to a new one will solve all the problems like rough start, stalling, and low rpm?

JuanFG3
Well I would love to say yes, but I can't guarantee that it will, but this is where I would be starting if it was my car.

Mhpautos