OXYGEN SENSOR REPAIR

Mazda MPV

Mazda MPV 2003, 42,000 miles. My " check engine" light came on. I had it checked and was told I would need a new oxygen sensor which would cost almost $300. Is this a reasonable price for this repair or am I getting totally ripped off? : Roll: This is a great site and I'd be happy to donate after I know the answer I get is what I need. THANKS!
Mara

Depends if its just the O2 sensor or if its a wiring harness problem with the O2 sensor. But its should take no more then 30mins to replace on average, and hte part is usually no more then 100 bucks. Some are no more then 50 bucks dependent on car. It is by no means a job you could not do yourself. I myself have never charged over 200 for changing more then 1 O2 sensor, you could easily do it yourself and save money, id say that guy may be a bit overpriced, but I live in the UP, repair is a bit cheaper.

Blackop555