FUEL PUMP RELAY

1994 Mazda b4000

1994 Mazda b4000 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 271000 miles

Hi, I've had this truck for about five years. Recently it would not start, a friend suggested it may be the fuel pump relay. I bougt a new one and sure enough it started right up for a few weeks all was well. Then once again it would not start. Pulling the relay and replacing it seems to make the contacts work and the truck will then start up for one to twenty times before the hood has to be lifted and the relay either pulled and replaced or changed for the spare I now carry. I have interchanged the relays several times over the last six months and they both work the same, for a certain time there is no problem then it just wont statrt unless the relay is removed and replaced or changed out. How can I fix this problem?
Obiwan1955