91 WHITE SMOKE FROM TAILPIPE

1991 Mazda b2200

1991 Mazda b2200 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 150235 miles

My 1991 B2200 I bought with a supposed blown head gasket is still smoking. I had the head redone, ground valves, new seals, checked for cracks and resurfaced. There were no cracks in the cylinders or as far as I can tell on the deck the head mounts to. I replaced the intake gasket and carburettor gasket. When I got the truck, it didn't run at all, after I did this work, it runs smooth but pumps out enough white smoke at any time over idle to make a visible white cloud about eight foot long and four foot wide. If I drain the cooling system and start it, there is no smoke and it idles better than it does with coolant.
Cyclopsblown34

Well without a doubt coolant is getting into cumbustion chamber. Two ways intake or headgasket.
Looks like you are going to have to go back in.
Be sure and follow the head torque proceedures and sequence. Also put a straight edge to the block deck

Docfixit
Thanks,
I did put a straightedge on it before I reassembled and it appeared flat. I was anal about it, trying to make certain everything was dead on. I'll start pulling it back apart a little at a time and hopefully find what I missed.
Thanks, Chip.

Cyclopsblown34
Could just be the intake. If you have a way to pressure test coolant system pull plugs let set couple hours then crank if water flys out then head gasket. If not so much or just one cylinder then intake

Docfixit
Just like a cooling system pressure tester? Do I just pressurize it and then attempt to listen for a leak if the gauge shows a pressure drop?

Thanks, Chip.

Cyclopsblown34
Tat's the ticket

Docfixit