MY 4W ABS LIGHT IS ON AND MY CAR IS MAKING A

1993 Mazda 929

Brakes problem
1993 Mazda 929 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 184, 00 miles

I was driving my car at a normal speed and everything was fine. I stopped, turned off car, and got back in. Once I started to drive my 4W ABS light came on. So I pulled over, turned off the car and popped the hood. The light went off, but there was a hissing noise. I turned back on the car and the light came right back on and the hissing noise never stopped. Its been 2 hours and the noise is still there and when I turn the car on and put it in Drive the light comes back on. HELP! Please.
Jgriffin

Need to poke your head around and find th ehiss. Might be the vacuum assist for the brakes. Look for a fairly big hose leaving the booster (behind master cyl) and going to engine

Jack42
Well now my car won't start. The hissing noise continued thoughout the night. I took the battery out and took it to auto zone to be recharged. They rechared the battery and I put it back in my car. It still won't start. Now what should I do?

Jgriffin
The engine doesnt turn over, or it turns over and wont start?

Jack42
If it turns an wont start, look at the hose I mentioned before, if it is cracked or broken it could create a large enough vacuum leak to keep it from starting

Jack42