FRIGHTENED/BURNING OIL?

1992 Mazda 929

1992 Mazda 929 6 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 192000 miles

Hi,
Great site.
I just bought this 929 for $2500 and it seems like everything works, really nice car.

The scary part.
I smell something burning everytime I stop and turn off the engine. At first I thought it was coolant, but now I think it is oil, and sometimes rubber.

So I smelled the dipstick, it has plenty of oil but I am very afraid I smell gas in the oil?

I also hear a squealing belt and the idiot lights, flash dimly like they want to come on during idle, so I think the alternator belt/serpentine may be loose ant this may be the reason for the burning rubber smell? Now I am notincing a rough idle, but the performance seems to be OK?

I park in dry spots always expecting aleak, but never have seen any indication of a leak?

Last thing is that the brake idiot light is on but the parking brake is off, I am sure it is due for pads, but maybe the brake is on and this is the burning smell? Brake pads on the front?

Any and all feedback is welcomed?

Thank you,
Frightened used car buyer. : )
Francisdt