CAR PROBLEMS

Mazda 626

Recently my 1998 mazda 626 has been having problems. First it over heated and the oil was completly empty. It was full. Then While slowing down then accelerating the check engine light flashed and the car would not shift for a few seconds. Today my car over heated, the oil was still full. We pulled over and turned the car off. Then it wouldnt start again. We let it cool off then got a jump and it started. While driving it home the engine got really hot in neutral, the stero and lights were flasshing, the stereo lights just turned off. As soon as we put it in park all the gauges dropped. I have no idea what is wrong with my car or how to fix it. If you have any suggestions or ideas, it would be extremmly appreciated.
Jennyward

Its all great that you have lots of oil, but how about coolant? Is the alternator belt/water pump belt still on the car?

Cosmo. Mazda Tech

Cosmo