SMELLS RUBBER BURNING AND SMOKE COMING FROM

2002 Mazda 626

Smells problem
2002 Mazda 626 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68000 miles

Hi, I dont know much about cars. I have a 2002 Mazda 626, after driving it for few miles I notice like rubber burning or oil burning smell. When I open the hood, I see smoke coming from under the engine.
The temperature gauge doesn't turn upto hot. I took it to mechanic for repair and I changed valve cover gasket as there was oil leaking around the engine and also changed the oil pan. However, that problem still exists.
I couldn't tell where exactly the smoke was coming from untill yesterday. The smoke is coming from that pipe that connects the catalytic convertor. I showed the mechanic and he cleaned the area and still couldn't find from where the oil is leaking or what's causing to smoke. Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Nawa08