HOW TO CHANGE THE BATTERY CABLES AND STARTER

1995 Mazda 626

1995 Mazda 626 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles

I have a 1995 Mazda 626, yesterday when I tried to crank it, it didn't start and it lost all electrical power. This morning I changed the battery for a new battery, the car started up fine. I drove it to work, drove it from work to get something to eat. When I came back out the car would not start. The electrical components work, but the car clicks once when I turn the key, but does not start. I would like to know how to change the Positive cable and the starter. I believe my problem may be with a corroded positive cable. Please help.
Gigolo25

Hi

The cable itself seldoms gives any problem, you should check the terminals for contamination and if they are properly secured.

To replace starter you need to disconnect the negative terminal and remov the batery after disconnecting the cable, solenoid wire and removing the holding bolts.