150,000 MILES

1993 Mazda 626

Ii recently had to repair the ignition cylinder on the steering column.I have now reconnected everything and have encountered a major problem. The radio and interior lights do not work, including gauges, the headlights will not turn on, altough the daytime running lights still work, and if I flip the highbeams on, it kills the headlights altogother. The brake lights still activate off the brake pedal, but like I said, the headlights don't activate with the button, which means I have no taillights for driving at night. There are no blown fuses in either the interior or exterior fuseboxes, and I have had the whole drivers side dashboard dissassembled to check for disconected plugs. There is one female end with four leads on it hanging loose, but there is nothing anywhere else that could go into it. If you could send me pictures of any spare plugs the factory wired in under the drivers side dashboard I could find out whther this is one of them. The only thing I can think of is that I had to disassemble the entire steering column to get the ignition cylinder out and as such had to disconnect the air bag. A friend of mine said that when a safety device is unplugged the engine computer has to be reset sometimes.
Jim bobo

Air bag wont affect the headlights. Be sure you have the same exact ign switch assembly

Jack42