WHITE SMOKE FROM TAILPIPES

2003 Mazda 6

2003 Mazda 6 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 84000 miles

For the last 6 months, I have been getting billowing white smoke from my tailpipes during start-up and sometimes at idle. However, it doesn't happen all the time. For example, It would happen for 2-3 days, then it would be fine for 2-3 weeks. I have taken it to the dealership and they replaced the throttle body, throttle body gasket, and intake hose. It still did not fix the problem. I don't have any coolant loss, I have bad gas mileage. Recently, the car would shake at start up.
Arprok13

Hi arprok13,

Did you check the radiator coolant level or just the reserve tank?

If the engine is shaking, it is misfiring and the white smoke is most probably due to excessive gas being processed by the catalytic converter.

You need to check the spark plugs, observe which cylinder is not firing well through the carbon buildup on the plugs and you might find out which cylinder is not working well.

Could be plugs, coils, injectors or their wiring.