FUEL FILTER?

2006 Mazda 5

2006 Mazda 5 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

hello,
my mazda 5 has started trying to die when stopping. It only does this when the car is in drive. It runs fine in park and when going down the road. Just replaced the battery and had the alternator tested. It was ok. Could it be the fuel filter?
Shellkapp79

Hi shellkapp79, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation.

Do you have a check engine light on?

Could be the fuel filter if you check the fuel pressure before and after the fuel filter. I will check this out first.

Was it doing this before you replaced the battery and alternator? If not could be the computer is undergoing a relearning process due to battery being disconnected.

There's other thing's that will cause it-such as the MAF and TPS sensor, Accelerator pedal position sensor-

Hello again,
thanks for the quick response. No, the check engine light is not on and yes it was doing this before I replaced the battery. I also wonder if it could be a spark plug. Pretty sure they need to be changed. That's my next step.

Shellkapp79
87K's miles-time to change the plug-let me know what's going on

Well, got new plugs. Still dying. Next step. Fuel filter?

Shellkapp79
Did you solve the problem?
I've just faced the same problem, ( 2007 Mazda5 65k miles)

Tlutek
When you replaced the fuel filter did the problem stop. Plus is there a easier way to do the filter instead of dropping the fuel tank please let me know this problem is bugging me.

Matt240