ARDUINO COMBINATION STARTUP

2010 Mazda 3

2010 Mazda 3 Automatic 5,000 miles

Hey guys!

So here's whats going on:
I have a brand new mazda 3 (2010) and I'm looking into installing a arduino motherboard and a simple keypad that will start the car upon inserting a certain combination.

I have the software end covered and I will also be coding a All-Window opener in next.
The part I am unsure about is what wires would i generally branch off the ignition to the mod hardware.
I found in another forum this:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/519235_diagram_1.jpg

Does this seem ultimately sound or would this be a bad idea for any reason?

If this is a risky idea then i could always go for an alternate like if i take the ignition wire, snip it in half(gosh that sound like a sketchy word choice) and then attach each end to the arduino hardware and the circuit of the positive would be completed once the combination is completed -> allowing the key to be used then. But what wire would be the correct wire to use?

Input from you guys would be muchos appreciated.
Dont be afraid to tell me if i'm completely dumb. but please include why.
Butsags