POWER STEERING

2008 Mazda 3

Steering problem
2008 Mazda 3 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 9000 miles

I slid on Ice going about 5 mph and hit the front left tire of the car. My car then would veer to the left and had no power steering when exceeded 10 mph. I took it to the shop and had the outer tie rod replaced and alignment fixed, that fixed the veering to the left, but I do not have power steering still. I think the tech at the repair shop said it was a jam in the Rack and Pision (I think thats how you say it). What do you think it is? Please Help Me!
Longshot1988

I agree impact that will bend a steel rod will jam the rack piston and spool valve.

Docfixit
Could the power steering loss be due to anything electrical, like the pump?

Longshot1988
Need to take to dealer to have electronic steering checked for trouble codes and operation.
Contact your insurance company should be covered under comprehesive.

Docfixit
I took it to the dealer, they have no idea whats going on counting that I did not tell them about the wreck. They had a service tech out there for 2 days and they cant find anything wrong. The computer showed no errors. They think its the pump so they are ordering it now and suppose to be there by next Wednesday. I hope its not the pump cause then they will probably blame it on my radar and gps for being connected to the fuse box and somehow making the pump go bad, therefore voiding the electrical warranty. So going 5 mph would not end up making the pump go bad right? I sure hope its just a jam in the Rack and Pinion

Longshot1988