CANNOT START THE CAR. WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE

2004 Mazda 3

2004 Mazda 3 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 63600 miles

I was running into some problem with the car tonight. Hope you can share some insight with me.
I was washing the car in my garage as the rear wheel has some bad smell after driving with handbrake last time. So I locked the car and poured a basin of water to the rear tire. As soon as I was doing this, I noticed the front and rear light were flashing quickly. So I thought maybe it's because the car was locked. I got the key and unlocked it, and then kept washing the wheels.
After I finished the washing, I found the key was not working anymore to unlock or lock. Then I went into the car and all functions seemed broken. The engine could not start and the radio was not working. I put the car aside for some time and got back, while the lock is partially working but not the engine and radio. After 2 hours, I went to check it again and this time the radio worked by not the engine.

Have you ever got this problem before? Could it be caused by something like anti-theft system or the electric system is broken?
It's quite annoying for me.
Talkshow