LINKAGE FROM SHIFTER ON COLLUM TO CABLE IN COLLUM ( THE PIN ON SHIFTER SEEMS TO BE OUT ON RIGHT SIDE OF PIN SHAFT BOUT QUATER INCH

1992 Ford F-150 • 5.0L V8 4WD Automatic • 205,000 miles

Wife drove truck got out at store got back in and went to shift into reverse and it made a popping noise and the shift selector became loose, I looked at it and as I said the pin that connects the collum shifter to the collum was approximately a quarter inch out to the right of the pin shaft of the shift selector and she could feel me moving the linkage down below when I was moving it beside the transmission and she was holding the selector bar on the steering collum. The shift selector now moves very loosely between the indicator P and R and back and forth (like towards the front of truck and back towards the back of truck) and will not engage or move the linkage down at transmission. THANK YOU for your help in this matter GOOD DAY
Randy111

See if the hole in item in pic is elongated on either end if it is inyour case it wil be easier to replace the whole steering column otherwise that part will need to be overhauled and due to age of truck parts may be a problem. If you replace column make sure all wiring is the same so try to get same year.