EGR VALVE

2001 Lincoln Town Car

2001 Lincoln Town Car V8

Where would I find the EGR Pressure Sensor on a 2001 Lincoln Town Car?
Melnichols2003

Under the plastic engine cover. It has 2 fat rubber hoses going to it.

Mastertechtim
" under the plastic engine cover. It has 2 fat rubber hoses going to it.&Quot; Do you have a picture or diagram of where the EGR Pressure Sensor is? I have looked under the plastic engine cover and have not been able to locate it. I have checked the EGR Valve and it is good and I have also replaced the EGR Vacuum Solenoid and that was not the problem either. So the only thing left is the Sensor.

Melnichols2003
I dont have a picture of it. But thats probably your problem, do you have a code 401 or flow code? The fat rubber hoses go into the exhaust, just look at all the exhaust under the hood and you cant miss it. Do you have the new sensor already? The original in the car may be silver metal color and your new one may be black plastic.

Mastertechtim
My code is 402. It is raining here this evening so I'm not able to work on the car but thank you for your help.

Melnichols2003