CHECK ENGINE AND AIR SUSPENSION LIGHT

1990 Lincoln Town Car

Suspension problem
1990 Lincoln Town Car V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 141, 00 miles

Today, after being on the road for about fifteen minutes, my 1990 Lincoln Towncar's CHECK ENGINE light came on. I thought I heard a noise (like a high pitched noise) when I noticed the light on. After about three minutes, the CHECK AIR SUSPENSION light came on. When I got home I killed the engine and then restarted it. The lights did not come back on and the car was idling normally. Any suggestions?
Labrat51

You can test for codes, here's how:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Test_Connector_Pre96_17.jpg

do this and count the flashes...Count the flashes, a 22 will flash as 2 flashes then a short pause, then 2 flashes, if more than one code is stored, the pause will be longer. The codes will display three times and end with 11 or 111. Write them down and post here. First do this with the ke on engine off, then again with it running.

Merlin2021
YOUR CHECK E LIGHT HAS NOTHING 2 DO WITH UR AIR SUSP LIGHT, IS THE CAR SITTING LOW AFTER SITTING, DOES AIRLIGHT COME ON WHILE DRIVING? AIR PUMP ONLY SHOULD COME ON WHEN STARTING, NEW PASSENGER, OR MORE WEIGHT ADDED 2 CAR. IF IT(PUMP) COMES ON SPERATICLY, U HAVE A LEAK IN THE SYSTEM, USUALLY THE AIR SPRINGS, IF NOT REPLCED, PUMP WILL BURN OUT. ARNOTT INC. IS THE PLACE 2 CALL, 4 NEW PUMP, AND 2 NEW AIR SPRINGS. EZ 2 INSTALL. 365.00 FOR THE KIT. COIL SPRINGS R AN OPTION.60.00 AT PEPBOYS OR AUTOZONE STOPS THE HEADACHE, TAKES AWAY FROM THE RIDE THOUGH

Djfinesse80
You are answering 30 day old questions, and the first line of this question stated that the " check engine light" was on. Then the air suspension light.

Merlin2021