CENTER LINK?

1990 Lincoln Town Car

Steering problem
1990 Lincoln Town Car V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I recently took my car to the shop to have an alignment done. They told me that I needed to replace a few parts before that could happen. I needed to replace:
Idler Arm
Pitman Arm
Left and Right also Inner and Outer Tie Rod Ends

While I was removing these parts, I noticed that the shaft that the Idler Arm slides onto was all torn apart.

My main question is - What is the name of the part that I'm pointing to in the picture? I've looked in a Haynes manual and they call it a "Center Link." However, after going to parts stores, dealerships and salvage yards, nobody recognizes this name! I've been to car-parts.com as well and "center link" is not a part on the drop-down list.

Can anybody give me any advice about this part? It's the ONE part holding me back from driving my car.

Thanks very much in advance!

Chad.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/350912_CenterLink_1.jpg

Projectonestar