WON'T START

1989 Lincoln Town Car

1989 Lincoln Town Car V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 182000 miles

I have a 1989 Lincoln Town Car and replaced the ignition switch less than a year ago and has been working fine, but now I have a similar problem, but not the same. This time I turn the ignition and the light all light up, but nothing happens, no sounds at all. Most of the time it starts with no probelms, but once in awhile, sometimes when its cold outside, it won't start, but I have power and radio works, just no starter noise or anything.

Thanks.
Whistleradio

Hello and thanks for donating

You should have your charging system tested, most local auto part stores do this for free. Check battery, alternator and battery cables and connections. If all is good with charging system then it could be an issue with the starter itself, most auto part stores will test it for free also. Also check out the starter relay, it could be sticking and not allowing starter to engage when ignition switch is turned. It is located on the right front fender panel.